WHAT WE DO
Click Here to see a slideshow of some great memories
Our Chapter exists to promote and encourage activities concerned with the riding of Harley Davidson motorcycles. In general we:-
- Schedule and organise regular group ride outs.
- Organise monthly meetings for the purpose of disseminating information and receiving feedback
- Produce a monthly Chapter magazine.
- Respond to requests for the attendance of our motorcycles at local and family events e.g.. Carnivals
& school proms.
- Organise and run the annual Cider Rally and other rallies as and when decided.
- Support local and national charities, the nomination of which to be decided by the Chapter membership each year.
- Support our local Riders dealership.
- Maintain this Internet website.
- Maintain an Internet forum on this site for information exchange between Chapter members.
- Organise and supply Chapter identifying merchandise.
- Insist that no ethnic/gender/religious discrimination shall be tolerated within the Chapter
- Organise where deemed appropriate, training sessions for those entrusted with organising ride outs and other essential Chapter activities.
- Present professionally prepared year-end accounts for members at the AGM.
A Short History of Bridgwater Chapter 9087 U K
We were formed in 1989 and are the second oldest Chapter in Europe. Rolling Hills Chapter UK was formed a couple of months earlier, but they have had to change affiliated dealers twice, so we feel morally the oldest in Europe!
Following the formation of the Chapter in 1989, the first meeting was held at the Crossways Inn in West Huntspill, near Bridgwater in February 1990. The first Director was Nigel Villiers who is now a full time employee of Harley-Davidson and is their Director of H.O.G. and Rider Services EMEA. Later that year John Hart took over as Director with Dave Holden as Assistant Director. John stood down in 1997 and Dave Holden took over. Our present Director Gill Mogg (Moggy) took over in 2008 after serving first as Ladies of Harley Representative and then as Assistant Director.
Since the Chapter was formed we have taken part in many amazing events and members have attended H.O.G. rallies all over the world from Australia to the USA, including many in Europe and of course, all over the UK.
Over the years we have raised many tens of thousands of pounds for Charity and we continue to do so. From 2000 to 2009 we organised ‘Hoggin the Bridge’ when thousands of bikes, mainly Harleys, rode over the Severn Bridge en mass, donating money to charity for the privilege. This event has now been taken over by a new organisation, ‘the Hoggin the Bridge Club’, who
continue this wonderful tradition.
Every year we hold our Chapter rally – the ‘Cider Rally’. First held in 1990, it has been at various venues, but it is now resident at Sand Bay holiday complex near Weston Super Mare. We take over the entire site for four days at the beginning of May and each year the event is sold out well in advance. H.O.G. members come to party, meet old friends and make new ones. We always have a grand parade through through Weston on the Saturday of the event and park up on the sea front, which is quite a spectacle. Over the years we have had visitors to the Rally from H.O.G. Chapters all over the globe and many come back year after year to meet old friends and make new ones.
Our monthly Chapter meetings have been held at various locations around the Bridgwater area. In 2013 we have found a very comfortable home at The Admirals Landing, The Docks, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3EX
Meetings normally start around 8.00pm, but folk often arrive from 7.30pm onwards.